HT MANUSCRIPT TYPES
Publication is only on the internet on website www.hotthyroidology.com and freely
EDITORIALS, COMMENTARIES, OPINIONS or CONCISE REVIEWS
HOT THYROIDOLOGY publishes these types of manuscripts both on clinical and fundamental aspects related to the thyroid in its broadest sense.
These manuscripts are specifically meant for scientists and clinicians interested in thyroidology. These articles should cover new (hot!) developments but also controversial issues in thyroidology in its broadest sense. The reviews should not be exhaustive, but concise, educational and understandable not only to scientists working in that particular field. These categories of manuscripts are upon invitation but may also be submitted. The manuscripts are reviewed by the editors and specialists in the field.
Case Reports of particular interest giving insights on the diagnosis or management of thyroid diseases may be submitted. Reports should be concise and understandable not only to readers specialised in the particular field. The manuscripts are reviewed by the editors and specialists in the field. Informed consent of patients is required.
Reports of gene variants that may be involved in thyroid diseases may be submitted. Reports should be concise and understandable not only to readers specialised in the particular field. The manuscripts are reviewed by the editors and specialists in the field. Informed consent of patients is required.
INSTRUCTIONS for AUTHORS
- Text in Word format, use Arial font, size 11;
- Submitted manuscripts should be pasted in the provided HT template;
- Title: this should cover the main message and be as short as possible;
- Report Authors and affiliations as indicated in the template;
- Abstract of 250 words maximum;
- List at least 3 key-words;
- Text, double-spaced, divided as more convenient; Approximate maximum length, references excluded:
- 3000 words for Editorials, Opinions and Mini-Review
- 2000 words for Case-Report and Mutation-in-brief
- Particular attention should be given to the illustrative part of the manuscript with explicative schemes, figures & tables (at least 3 illustrative elements). Figures and Tables may be embedded within or at the end of the text, as more appropriate;
- Illustrations, black and white or colored drawings, should be submitted as TIFF (tagged image file format, extension TIF) or GIF (CompuServeR graphic interchange format, extension GIF) or PPT (Power Point) files. Scanned photographs, both grayscale and true color, should be submitted as JPEG (joined photograph expert group, extension JPG) files; photographs of patients may be published only after evidence of signed informed consent;
- An adequate number of well selected references should be provided;
- References should be numbered and reported within brackects in their order of appearance in the text. Insert et al. after the 10th Author for articles with more than 10 Authors. Report reference as follows:
1) Pardal R, Clarke MF, Morrison SJ. Applying the principles of stem-cell biology to cancer. Nat Rev Cancer 3:895-902, 2003
2) Dunn JT. Iodine deficiency disorders in the Americas. In: Hetzel BS, Dunn JT, Stanbury JB (eds) The prevention and control of iodine deficiency disorders. Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1987, pp 237-247.
- Manuscripts will be reviewed by internal Reviewers: the Reviewing Editor will be known to the Authors and his/her contribution will be acknowledged in the revised version;
- The Reviewing Editor(s) may ask the opinion of external Reviewer(s) as appropriate;
- Manuscripts including references, tables, figures and key words can only be submitted electronically via e-mail with attachments to the editorial office
firstname.lastname@example.org (Luca Persani, Chief Editor of Hot Thyroidology),
preferentially in MS-word format. The file should contain the manuscript including the references, the table(s), and legends to the figures. The figures should be embedded in the text at the location(s) where they should appear. Figures may also be submitted separately, but together with the manuscript. The files may be compressed with PKZIP or WINZIP before transfer by e-mail;
- For any inquiry contact the EB Scientific Secretary-Dr. Davide Calebiro (email@example.com; Phone: +49 931 20148710; Fax: +39 02 619113033)
The Editorial Board of Hot Thyroidology
HT instruction to authors
HT copyright transfer agreement
HT conflict of interest declaration